Becoming An AHA Instructor
Becoming an AHA Instructor
Just follow these steps to become an AHA Instructor at ERTSS.
1. Have a current PROVIDER card in the discipline (i.e., ACLS, BLS, PALS, Heartsaver) you wish to teach.
2. Enroll in the scheduled Instructor Course you desire.
3. Join the AHA Instructor Network www.ahainstructornetwork.org
4. Order your Instructor Course material. You must bring this material with you to the Instructor Course.
You can order your Instructor Material from ERTSS or any of the 3 approved vendors for the American Heart Association.
5. Attend and successfully complete the Instructor Course.
6. Be monitored teaching your first course within 6 calendar months of completing your Instructor Course.
Your provider certification must be valid on the date your monitoring is completed. Monitoring must be completed by a TC Faculty Member or TC designee and the Instructor Candidate is responsible for coordinating / scheduling with the Monitor. A list of approved monitors will be provided at the Classroom portion of your Instructor Course.